This plugin is easy to setup and maintain, providing you with 2FA (two-factor authentication) on your WordPress enabled site.
But first – what is 2FA
2FA gives you an extra layer of security used to make sure that people trying to gain access to an online account are who they say they are.
First, a user will enter their username and a password. Then, instead of immediately gaining access, they will be required to provide another piece of information.
His second factor could come from one of the following categories:
- Something you know: This could be a personal identification number (PIN), a password, answers to “secret questions” or a specific keystroke pattern
- Something you are: This category is a little more advanced, and might include biometric pattern of a fingerprint, an iris scan, or a voice print
- Something you have: Typically, a user would have something in their possession, like a credit card, a smartphone, or a small hardware token
With 2FA, a potential compromise of just one of these factors won’t unlock the account. So, even if your password is stolen or your phone is lost, the chances of a someone else having your second-factor information is highly unlikely. Looking at it from another angle, if a consumer uses 2FA correctly, websites and apps can be more confident of the user’s identity, and unlock the account.
You need a plugin
Most of the sites in existence today are using WP, but all of the plugins which give you the ability to have 2FA are either badly implemented or very hard to setup and use.
That is the reason we decided to implement
What you get:
- Extremely easy to setup and use – just enable it
- Extremely user friendly – your customers don’t have to do anything – next time they login, they will be asked to setup their favorite 2FA application and that’s it
- Extremely fast – we created it with speed in mind, there is no faster plugin in existence
- Extremely easy to navigate – we extended the user menu (standard one, with which you are very familiar) with all the statuses you need
More from Secured WP
We decided to not stop there.
The plug has to offer way more than that – it gives you full pack of security solutions.
You can change the standard login url with whatever you like. It also monitors login attempts for the given user, and you have the ability to lock them down if there are too many attempts. Again, it is very easy to see the changed status of the locked users by simply using the users menu.
If a user does not have access to their mobile application – there is an option to send a single sign on email.
Every option can be enabled / disabled with just a single click.
Woocommerse is also supported.
All you need to do is just try it – you wont be disappointed!
👉 Check out The Definite WordPress Security Guide (2021) that we created just for you!